Are We Really Having This Conversation Again?
By now, you’ve heard about the van attack in Toronto where Alek Minassian allegedly drove onto the sidewalk and mowed down pedestrians, killing ten and injuring fourteen. You may have also heard of a possible motive: his lack of success with women. If you’re thinking this sounds familiar, you’re right. In May of 2014, Elliot Rodger killed six people and wounded fourteen others for the very same reason. Minassian even referenced Rodger in a Facebook post, saying “”The Incel Rebellion has already begun! We will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys! All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!”
It appears that Minassian, like Rodger, was radicalized by a particularly dark and ugly corner of the internet called the Pick-up Artist (PUA) community. I’m not going to get into this group very deeply, because I care about you, dear reader, and don’t want to expose you to this sleazefest. But, just to give an inkling of what these emotionally stunted turds are like, think about The Big Bang Theory’s Howard Wolowitz before he got married. That’s what we’re dealing with here.
Sadly, this community doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Our culture has a long and sordid history that has taught men to believe they are somehow entitled to women’s bodies. Some of the worst offenders are religious leaders who promote the view of women as domestic servants and breeding stock. Together with certain elected leaders who feed at their trough and pander for the votes of their parishioners, these people laid the foundation and continue to give cover for the PUA community to play their repugnant games.
Pick-up artists, vile slugs that they are, don’t view sex as an intimate act that connects two people on a deeper level. Hell, they don’t even view women as people. Women are objects to be used and that use is their pleasure. When I called them “emotionally stunted turds” a few minutes ago, I may have been too kind.
I can’t believe we’re having this conversation again, but I guess we are. So, let me break it down in a way that even these butthurt children can get their tiny little brains around:
- No one is entitled to sex. Sex isn’t a right, it’s a privilege. And, it’s one that is earned. If you have lie, manipulate, or use force to get laid, you haven’t earned it.
- Yes, women are sometimes attracted to people who aren’t good for them. So is everyone else, doofus. Doing things that aren’t good for us is a big part of being human. It may be our defining characteristic.
- Sure, rejection sucks. But, that doesn’t give you the right to be a misogynistic crybaby on a mission to punish women because they were mean to you. Grow up and understand that there is a huge difference between someone not being attracted to you and being mean.
- Instead of whining that girls won’t sleep with you, take a look at yourself and see why they might way. It might have something to do with the fact that you consider them conquests to be made instead of people to connect with.
- Stop calling yourselves “men” because men don’t behave this way. A real man values a woman as a human being, not just an object to satisfy his lust.
In closing, I want to say that I don’t condone corporal punishment. But you little boys are pushing my buttons and I can’t help thinking that a trip to the woodshed is order to straighten you out.